Haszard's Gazette, Farmers' Journal and Commercial Advertiser
About Haszard's Gazette
Haszard's Gazette was established by James D. Haszard in 1851. Haszard had previously been the Queen's Printer, and, on being displaced from this office by Edward Whelan, he immediately began the publication of his own paper, Haszard's Gazette. He published it himself until 1853, when he retired in favour of his son, George T. Haszard. Several other publishers and editors followed. Haszard's Gazette printed some foreign and local news, fiction, anecdotes and advertisements. It was largely nonpolitical, but its viewpoint did vary under its different editors Reform, biblical instruction in the schools and temperance were all discussed in Haszard's Gazette. In March of 1857, Haszard's Gazette was merged with the Protector and Christian Witness.