About The Advertiser
The Advertiser began publication in 1846, succeeding the Morning News and Semi-Weekly Advertiser. It was published by John T. Pippy, the son-in-law of E.A. Moody, who had been the publisher of the Morning News. It ceased publication in 1854. A reference to this paper, and to the other papers published by these two men, can be found in the Islander.